ON THIS PAGE:
- Contact Christy
- Support the mission and access Dr. Sim’s unpublished resources and research
- Download the Brochure
- Basic Information and Documents (CV, Bio)
- Sample Video Clip of Christy Speaking and Presenting
- Consulting Information (with samples)
- Speaking information (with samples)
- Training information (with samples) – for both in the civic/social sphere and the faith-based community
- Information on Art Healing Workshops through A Window Between Worlds
I. Contact Information to Request Christy
Are you interested in bringing Christy in for a consultation, speaking event, training, or art healing workshop?
Contact is available here
II. Access Dr. Sim’s unpublished resources and research:
Check out her Patreon page. Various donations lead to unlocking special resources!
III. Download a Brochure
IV. Basic Information and Documents:
V. Sample Video of Christy speaking and presenting
VI. Consulting Information
Sample Prior Consults:
|Consultation with staff member at Relationships Australia (Perth, Western Australia).||Resources provided for understanding common trauma responses and expected victim behavior for the organization’s work in their Men’s Domestic Violence Program and Family Abuse Integrated Response (FAIR) programs.|
|Consultation with (anonymous) college professor.||Provided resources on mindfulness, meditation, and healing opportunities after traumatic experiences.|
|Consultation with member of InterVarsity (the nondenominational campus project).||Provided resources on Campus Sexual Assault for their University chapters across the nation. This included providing resources in: How to work with survivors in order not to victimize again and how to train people desiring to work in the field of sexual assault.|
|Consult with LSMW and professor at Wichita State University.||Provided LGBTQ and Intimate Partner Violence resources|
|Consultation with (anonymous) blogger with 18,000 followers.||Provided a framework for understanding the experience of sexual assault. Helped formulate how to be trauma-informed and survivor-centered.|
|Worked with a sub-committee that focuses on spiritual education for children, youth, and adults||Facilitated a meeting where the focus was on writing a mission/vision statement|
|PhD students (all but dissertation)||Advising which direction studies and research could go for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (with guidance on best practices and care when researching vulnerable population).|
|Consultation with Hope Rising (an organization that focuses on meeting domestic violence needs)||Provided stalking resources (logs, statistics, information, and guidance) for their work with a play on stalking.|
VII. Information on Speaking Opportunities:
Sample Topic Options:
- Anger and Violence: Transforming Anger like Chemistry Class (first presented at the Talking Taboo book signing event at St. Paul’s School of Theology).
- Priscilla the Land Shark: What does Healing Look Like? (first presented at the Evening of Empowerment for Crime Victims in Collin County).
(Photos: Christy as an event Keynote Speaker and Speaking at a Conference)
(Photos: Christy speaking at Collin College and Presenting at Texas Plano Health)
VIII. Teaching and Training:
Sample Presentation Slides: Dr. Christy Sim’s Basic PPT Presentation
Sample Agenda for Crisis Response Training: DrChristySim Day Training Schedule
A. Sample Faith-Based Training Options (with links to Christian Feminism Today’s Speaker’s Bureau):
- Ethical and Healing Responses to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Mental Health and Self-Care: Responding to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault with Art and Writing
- The Voice and Role of Faith Communities Responding to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
B. Sample Civil/Social Training Options:
- Understanding the Science of Trauma and Healing: What is happening in the brain and body?
- A Professional’s Guide to Taking Care of Yourself During Someone Else’s Crisis
- Healing After Trauma: Mindfulness in Art, Writing, Body Movement, and Awareness Exercises
(Photos: Christy Training at Texas Plano Health to Nurses and Health Professionals and Christy Speaking at Collin College for a training on Neurobiology)
VI. Art Healing Workshops:
Christy is certified and trained by A Window Between Worlds to offer Trauma Art Healing Workshops for both survivors and professionals.